Thursday, October 8, 2009

Senior Year

Well I am not very good at this blogging thing but it is a great place to put down my feelings and thoughts.

Juston is a Senior this year and he will be 18 on Sunday, wow two things I have dreaded and looked froward to all at once. I still struggle with the thought that my mom should be here for these milestones, but the good Lord above had a different plan, do you ever think about asking if he could give us a heads up to his plans, so they are not such a shock to the system when they happen. I know his plans are bigger than my own but it sure would have been nice to have mom here to help me through this year. That's where the rest of my family comes in, Bill is such a big help with my dad, he has taken on the role of care giver for the most part as he is home more than I am anymore, dad has not felt well the last week and Bill has shuttled him to the VA and ran after anything he needed. He is my lifeline when the road is rough and right now I feel like I am drowning.

The bands first marching competition is Saturday at K-State and we will be missing 10 kids due to injuries and the swine flu, man that stuff can stay away from our house. Then on Sunday it is Juston's 18th, Breanna has the whole day planned for him, hope he enjoys it!

Right now I am having to decide how many senior announcements we will need good grief it is only October I don't want to think about that yet, get with me in the spring and then I will decide, guess that's not going happen is it?? Nope I don't think so, oh well guess I better ge that ready to go back to school tomorrow.

The football team is on a high right now they are 4-1 on the season, the best record we have had since we moved out her 5 years ago, that is an awesome feeling for the 21 Seniors we have especially Juston, this will most likely be his last year for football and when the season ends he will be devoting his extra time to music.

Well I guess that is all for now, love to all, Dawn.

1 comment:

  1. Although it may not be clear at times, God’s plan for life is a loving plan and He can direct its fulfillment for our maximum benefit and joy.

    Love you Sweets!

    ReplyDelete